Friday, January 27, 2006

Busy weekend ahead

Tonight, my 3rd son is having his birthday party. It took us a couple of weeks to find a time that worked (his actual birthday was earlier in the month). There are 6 guests for the evening and (I think) 5 staying overnight. I just got done cooking the hotdogs and they are all playing Gamecube... Guess they can eat cold dogs.

I've got to get up early tomorrow to take #1 son to a wrestling tournament. He is still too light to wrestle officially, but he will be in 2 or 3 exhibition matches. This seems to be a sport that he likes alot. Although I haven't found one he doesn't like yet. It takes a tremendous amount of energy and stamina. Coach says he's good and can be trained to be great. We'll see.

Daughter #2 is going tomorrow with another family to help them decide if they should buy a particular horse. They want her to train it for them. This is really good, since she will get riding time and not have to pay for it. Definately an answer to prayer.

I need to leave soon to pick up daughter #3 from school. She was playing in an away basketball game. She seems to like it alright. Definately something that will require her to improve and stay in shape.

The younger ones are all underfoot and trying to play with all the guest boys. Hopefully they don't make too much of a nuisance of themselves before they're off to bed.

Later on in the day tomorrow, we will host our monthly family birthday party. Not everyone can come, but it will still be fun.

Somewhere in there, I should try to do an electrical job or two. We're coming up a little short in the financial end this month, but God is faithful and has always taken care of our needs. So I'm not gonna worry about it.

Sunday, I plan to take my wife out to brunch. Just the two of us for a couple hours of peace and couple time. I've been able to do that more lately than in the past and the rewards make the effort more than worth it.

Well, I've gotta get going. Daughter #3 just called and said they were back. I'll be late getting her from school. Nothing new there. I seem to be late more often lately. I think it's part of my more relaxed outlook this year. It's a good thing.

*unless there's a kid waiting*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home