Monday, July 24, 2006

Slow Progress

Work will begin soon on the major items for the house. We've had to wade through all the estimates and find the right materials to do the job in such a way as to maintain the same style of log home. It's amazing how many different types and cuts of log are out there! This work should start in a couple of weeks.

We're going to have to settle for asphalt shingles on the roof. :( Metal and cedar shake are just way too expensive right now. I'll get the roofer started in a few days.

The windows are ordered and should arrive in a few weeks.

Meanwhile, construction of my office in the garage is progressing. I've got to pick up a tub and medicine chest this morning and take all the other stuff down there today. I'm rough wiring the office, storage room and bath this week. I can't believe how much the cost of romex (copper wire for homes) has increased since I last purchased it. It cost me $91 for just one 250' roll of 12-2!! I need two rolls of 12-2 and a roll of 14-2, plus some CAT 5 wire for data and phone. That's nearly $400 just for an office and bath! I'm sure glad I don't have to wire an entire house!

I'll try to update a little more regularly and post some pictures. I know y'all are dying for a view or two. ;-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home