Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

We stayed up for the ball drop in NYC. I don't think I could ever go there in person, though. 1,000,000 people in one area is just too many for me to handle. After the clock struck midnight, three of my boys, one daughter my wife and I went outside to make some noise and ring in the new year. It was very quiet out there until we got noisy. Some neighbors joined us after a couple of minutes, so we won't be the only ones to blame. I couldn't find my fireworks, so at least they were spared that noise... next year I'll look early so I have them ready.

We also toasted the new year with sparkling red grape juice for the kids and a glass of champagne for the wife and I.







































Everyone crashed into bed shortly after that. I was still awake, so I went down here and got online. John stopped in for a virtual visit (thanks for the company, John). I caught up a couple of emails and that was about it.

New Year's resolutions:

love my Lord better
love my wife and kids more
be more generous in sharing what I have
enjoy friendships fully
lose weight (and not find it again)
get rid of the excess in my life (both personal habits and actual junk)

That should keep me busy until 2007!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home