Thursday, October 27, 2005

Rant

Maybe you guys didn't understand...(the ones that commented to the previous post)
I found the job change easy! After a couple more days, I would have had the whole house organized. I did 6 or 7 loads of laundry, plus all the other stuff that mom's do... (insert your list here)

I guess that post was a subtle rant while also informing. I'm tired of stuff not getting done around here. I do my part keeping the ship afloat. Do I have to take care of everything else too!? Usually, I am fairly tolerant of the mess, but I think the cumulative effects are starting to wear on me.

It's not just the wife. The kids (acting just like kids) always seem to "forget" to do their chores. Problem is, when I come down hard on them, my wife gets mad at ME! I don't ask that much of my children. What I want them to do is to help their mother not have so much to handle, but if she's gonna get mad at me for trying to get the kids to do their chores, I can just leave it all to her. I'd rather not have to enforce the work to ensure it gets done, anyway. Why should I always appear to be the bad guy here?!

I've tried leaving enforcement to her before, though. Not sure I want to live in that mess again.

Why is it that the Lord puts such different parenting styles in the couples He matches up?

2 Comments:

Blogger fatchans said...

Huh? Who's that ^ guy and what is he talking about?

Anyway, Matt, we have the same problem. I feel like ever since I've started working that my role in the family has been reduced to chauffer, butler and bank. I am often the bad guy too - but I still do it anyway.

October 27, 2005 10:16 AM  
Blogger Slicer said...

No swinging fists here, Jeremy.
I have made it incredibly clear that I need this stuff to be done. The key here is teamwork. I don't feel like we have the same standard for getting the kids involved in keeping ahead of the mess.
Believe me. It's not "simple miscommunications"...

October 30, 2005 7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home