Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Midweek update

No one else is updating their blogs, so I thought I would try to find something interesting.

I was strolling around the net this morning and "stumbled" upon my daughter's MySpace page. Actually three of my daughters have accounts. Viewing my oldest's site was kind of depressing. She seems to have totally abandoned the faith of her youth and embraced the sin nature that we all attempt to control with the help of the Lord. It's sad, really, but when I examine the way my life has been recently, I don't see a whole lot that would draw her back. Time for repentance...

My other two daughters' pages are innocent enough. They haven't done a lot of exploring on the net and I hope to influence them to stay close to home. There's really a lot of junk out there. You'd be amazed at where you can end up just by clicking on links to other people's "friends". Don't try it unless you are prepared for some shock.

It's all a good indicator of where the world is without Jesus.

Days like today (when you find out things about your kids that you don't really want to know) can really send you down into the depths of depression, or turn you to the Father who wants to heal you of all hurts and forgive you of all sins. Pray for me as I attempt to get back on track with my relationship with my Lord and my kids. I love them more than they will ever know and I need to show it a lot more.

1 Comments:

Blogger fatchans said...

sorry to hear it, Matt - but if it's a wake up call, then I'm glad that you found it rather than it finding you. It's never too late until it's too late. Prayers from here - John

October 12, 2005 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home