Friday, October 14, 2005

A day off? No not really.

I have the morning off, basically. That's fine, though. They need me to help out at work from 4-Midnight today and from 9-9 on Sunday. The pay will be very helpful. I think we got a little used to the extra pay I was getting over the summer and now it seems too lean. I'm working on a new budget to get us back to limited spending. That means when the Solstice comes in, the S2K has got to go. I'd much rather keep both, but it is better to not have any more expenses than we already do. I haven't figured out whether I'll trade it in or try to sell it on my own. Maybe I'll put it on eBay. It seemed to sell successfully there before...

I'm hoping to start making a dent in the mortgage debt as well. Once I pay off the car, I'll just start adding that payment to principal reduction on the mortgage. It's a better rate of return than I'd get at the bank anyway. Not to mention the extra equity if and when we find a bigger place to move to.

I had a guy come to the house today to give me an estimate on replacing a window in the basement. The kids broke this one in the summer playing baseball in the front yard. I had been trying to decide whether to put an "egress window" in or just a normal slider. Since I'm putting a bedroom in the basement, I really should put an egress one in, but the cost is huge. Besides, the boys are still small enough that they can get out the slider in an emergency. I think they would be more inclined to sneak out with the egress than with the slider, so that pretty much made my decision easier.

We're also looking at replacing the back door with a sliding glass model. That will make the new deck much more usable. I'm waiting on the sticker shock of that investment. I need to get outside an move a pile of firewood and take down railings on the old deck to prepare for the new deck's installation. That is something I need to do this morning. I guess that is why I'm on here. Procrastination!

All in all, progress is slow, but consistant. The house should be looking great by the time we're ready to sell. Why is it that I haven't made it nice while we can enjoy living in it? Hard to say, but cash flow probably has a lot to do with the delay. We're doing better now than before and can afford to get more work done. Hopefully I can accelerate the progress so that it will be nicer sooner.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home