Saturday, October 08, 2005

Family Get Together Day!

Every month or so we try to get all the local members of the family together to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and stuff like that. We are a little behind, so we are combining a few months. I've got to fire up the grill for chicken, hamburgers and hotdogs soon, but wanted to update a little here first.

For the first time in a long time, my oldest will be joining us. I'm glad that she will be coming. It's been a long time since all the siblings and I have seen her. I don't know how much has changed (if anything). We haven't been on the best of terms for years. I'm hoping that she has had a chance to grow and see the reality of living. I tried to help her avoid some of the pain. She chose otherwise. Maybe I'll not appear so old fashioned and ignorant to her now. Hard to believe that she has been out of our house for almost 3 years. Good thing she has softhearted grandparents. That's where she has spent the majority of the time living. Her siblings miss seeing her (most of the time). They remember the hard times and are apprehensive when she is around, but still love her and want to be a part of her life. Me too.

Work for the weekend got cancelled. They were planning to do a major check on the backup power generators. That means pulling the plug and seeing if everything works according to plan. They've never done it before even though we've requested it frequently. You really can't be secure in your power systems until you know that they will work when you need them. Anyway, the rain scared them off and they will try again next weekend. I'll still be able to pick up about 20 hours of overtime. I need a little extra cash, so this will be good.

The boys football game got rescheduled as well due to the field being a total mudpit. I used to love playing in mud (although that was tackle football, not flag football). The kids were disappointed. They were already wet from the rain. The coaches felt that the field conditions could cause injury and I agree. No sense in hurting themselves. They will play two games next weekend. I will miss one, but still see one.

If you watch college football, you probably have already seen this picture. Apparently this play was unnecessary since Alabama was already up by 20, but football is a contact sport. Career ending? You decide...


Sorry! Hope you didn't lose your lunch looking at that. I know that it looks painful. I can't even imagine.

Oh well. Time to fire up the grill!

1 Comments:

Blogger fatchans said...

I'd rather share a coke with four other mouths than play football. eewww.

And about that power down test... Isn't that what caused Chernobyl? Good thing you guys don't have a radioactive core.

October 08, 2005 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home