Monday, September 26, 2005

New beginnings

So, I didn't get any work done on the basement bedroom last week. It's my wife's fault, though. She told me that we needed to concentrate on the outside jobs while the weather was nice and save all the inside work for when it gets cold and snowy. She's right, of course, but I don't think she realizes that I was about to do some serious work. She totally derailed me on that one. That's the "new beginnings" I'm typing about. I have to start again, only using the outside honey do list instead of the inside one.

So I cut the grass and stripped insulation off of some scrap copper that's been filling a corner of the garage. That's about it.
Did I mention that scrap copper is going for about $1.45 per pound? I am basically taking someone's trash and turning it into cash with a little effort. I took in about 500 pounds of the stuff on Friday. Not a bad haul. Probably had about 15-20 hours into the project. I wish I could find a good source of this stuff to keep making that kind of extra money. It'll help pay for some of those "extra" school costs.

*Hope I don't get smited (smitten? smote?) today on the new site*

3 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

LOL - to smite... it's a fun verb to play with. :)

Glad you found that copper... how in the world did you find 500 pounds of it in the first place??? i wouldn't even know where to start!

September 26, 2005 3:00 PM  
Blogger fatchans said...

OK - I won't smite you anymore.

sorry about the derailment. I've had that happen too many times, so I've evolved. I'm now a hovercraft.

September 26, 2005 7:44 PM  
Blogger Slicer said...

Emily,
I'm an electrician. I didn't find it, it found me.

September 27, 2005 12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home