Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Just a quick update

Today I really need to get moving on the basement bedroom for two of the boys. The school year has started and the crowding situation in their upstairs bedroom is epic.

I am planning to do some rough framing and possibly buy the drywall. It is almost noon already, so I am behind (as usual). I don't know why I can't get motivated. Maybe it's the 2 tons of stuff I have to move and find a place for that is slowing me down...

I've ordered the new slider window so that they will be able to get out in an emergency. Hopefully that will be scheduled for install within the next few weeks.

I'm truly amazed at how fast the time flies by. It's so easy to lose weeks at a time and wonder what you did to redeem the days.

Side note: the wife and I have been having some fun this week that I am off work. It's been really pleasant to be together with the youngest kids. I could really get used to not going in to work ever again.

I'm praying for all of y'all.

2 Comments:

Blogger fatchans said...

happy to read about you and Mrs Slicer getting some fun time together. Maybe we should make a short term missions trip to build the downstairs bedroom and see if folks will sign up for it. It could be classified as "relief work," right?

September 21, 2005 12:05 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Happy! I'm glad you're enjoying time with the young'uns. :)

Missy - it doesn't get easier. I'm 27 and haven't found anyone that fits that profile yet. It will come, it will come.

September 22, 2005 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home