Saturday, September 17, 2005

All alone at last

I've got the kids tonight.

Well, some of the kids.

My wife has the baby and the 2nd and 3rd daughter with her. They are at a local youth center celebrating #3's birthday which is today. They are with a bunch of other girls having a night to themselves. They're spending the night there. My poor youngest son... he has about 15 women doting on him. He'll really be needing a dose of Dad tomorrow.

I don't know why, but I was nervous about having the other 7 to myself. It really wasn't that bad. We played outside and then ate dinner (subs and pizza! How easy is that!?). Next I had the boys get showers while I let the youngest three watch The Cat In The Hat. Then off to bed with them and the oldest 4 and I watched Peter Pan.
Tomorrow, the younger ones go to the neighbors shortly after breakfast and I take the 4 boys to a football game that two of them are involved in.

I even had them pick up the toys before bed.
Not only that, but I washed 3 loads of clothes. Well the machine actually did the washing, but I put the clothes and detergent in and pushed the button. Same for the dryer. Now if only I could get around to folding it all...

Had a nice little chat with John tonight on IM. He has a new webcam, so I actually got to see him laugh. It was refreshing to see you happy, John! Thanks for the conversation!

I gotta get to bed now. It's 0130 and I've got to get the kids started early.
Thanks for reading and praying!

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Proud of you. Glad you had some good "dad-time" with the kids. It's really important. :) And they'll love you for those movies.

And I'm sure Mrs. Slicer LOVED having some laundry done!!! :)

September 19, 2005 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home