Monday, July 26, 2004

A pleasant weekend

Well, I got through the weekend fairly unscathed.  Friday was a rainy day and there wasn't much to do except play with the kids and lay around.  I'm so glad I haven't been scheduling extra work for the last month.  It's nice to have a little down time now and then.

Saturday I went to Allentown, PA to watch a Drum & Bugle Corps show.  I love Drum Corp, but was a little disappointed with the direction most of the different Corps staff are taking the kids.  The overall showmanship is excellent, but there are elements of the performances that I find less than exciting.  It was a late night, but the weather was perfect for the show (unlike the night before).

Sunday was truly a day of rest... right up until I had to go in to work for the night.  I did have a quiet night at work, though, so it wasn't so bad.  (especially since I was paid double time for the hours worked :-)!

Took it easy today too.  Tried to find a way to get some repairs done on my truck without incurring a huge cost, but that's not gonna happen :-(  I will need to have both gas tanks dropped and the fuel pumps removed to replace check valves on them.  These valves are bad and are allowing fuel to travel to the opposite tank.  This could cause the fill to overflow and potentially cause an explosion or at least a bad leak on the ground.  There is a recall for the work - on just about every VIN batch but mine, so I will have to eat the cost.  Oh well... Jehovah Jireh!  I'm not going to worry about it.  It is a bit of an inconvenience, though to be without the truck while the repair is being made.  Can't wait until next September (05) when I get my new car!

Well, that's about enough for tonight.  More in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home