Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Twin Lakes!!

I just spent the afternoon with several people who are positioning themselves to be at a fantastic market position here in Delaware in a very short time.

Twin Lakes Brewing Company has a product that puts other local brewers to shame.
I tasted the grains! I rubbed the hop flowers in my hands and took an intoxicating deep breath. I participated in an interesting "ritual" where you dip both arms in a container of the "spent" hops and basically get a steam hop facial. I've tasted the pure clean water. And... I tasted the final product! WOW! Truly a beer lover's dream!

This Saturday, Twin Lakes is having a special Grand Opening. The time is from Noon to 4pm. The cost is $10 and this includes several samples, plus a live band and hot dogs fresh from the grill. They are also having tours of the brewery. I took the tour today and was greatly impressed with the wealth of information that was presented about the brewing process and the quality of the samples.

If you're in the area, I recommend stopping in for some excellent samples.

4 Comments:

Blogger fatchans said...

yeah, but do they package it in a cool collectible bottle?

I shoulda took a picture of your bottle collection, Matt.

yo ho ho...

June 01, 2006 8:40 AM  
Blogger Slicer said...

Actually, they do have Growlers with the company logo on them.
*a growler is a 64oz glass container*

June 01, 2006 1:51 PM  
Blogger fatchans said...

two quart glass... yowzers.

(How many growlers in a butt?)

June 04, 2006 7:32 PM  
Blogger Slicer said...

There should be approxiately 259 growlers in a butt since a butt holds 108 Imperial gallons and an Imperial gallon is 4.54609 liters.

June 04, 2006 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home