Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Time to update

It's been a couple of weeks since I updated, so I figured I'd write something.

The work load continues to be constant. By the time this stretch is over I will have worked 24 of the last 30 days. That's 288 hours in one month. For you 40 hour/week folks, that translates to 7+ weeks in 4 weeks and 2 days...

I'm really tired.
I'm also struggling with eating too much. I need to stop recreational consuming and get out and exercise.

I have been able to drive the Solstice a good bit these last couple of weeks, though. It's been a lot of fun. No pictures to post at this time, though.

I think I've found a larger home to move into. It's located about 25 miles south of here. It's a log home in need of some TLC. I've been trying to find someone who repairs these homes locally. No luck yet, but I'll keep trying. There are 6 bedrooms and 3 1/2 baths. The property is nearly 16 acres and there is a fairly new detached 3 car garage with 10'doors. I'll know more in a few days. Lots of phone calls to make. I'll need to find creative financing so that I can make the needed repairs to the log home as well as some that need to be made to our current home.

Pray that we will make the right decisions and will be able to purchase this property. The kids will finally be able to have the pets they want, since there will be room to let them roam.

One of the drawbacks... I will definately need to sell both cars now. Anyone interested in a lightly used Pontiac Solstice or Honda S2000?

2 Comments:

Blogger fatchans said...

SOUTH??? Wrong way. You're supposed to make it easier for me to visit you, Matt.

Oh well. I guess it is the right direction toward the tree farm and shrimp boat.

April 24, 2006 12:00 AM  
Blogger Slicer said...

Speaking of shrimp boats... I watched a little bit of Forrest Gump tonight on tv during break.

It's not that much farther south, John. We DO need to have a visit soon.

May 01, 2006 4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home