Thursday, May 04, 2006

SIx Things

So here are the six things that I said I would post a few days ago.

1) While I am just the youngest of my siblings, I feel that I will be the family leader in the years following my father's death. (He is still very much alive and I am thankful)

2) I secretly love the beach. I always tell people that I don't. The reason for this is my sensitive skin and the risk of cancer. As long as there are adequate places to get all that sand and salt off in a shower, I'm fine with vacationing at the beach.

3) I want to travel overseas. But even more than that, I want to see every inch of this wonderful country that I live in. Now if I could just find the time... and a few extra dollars.

4) I'm not really fond of children. I know, I know! You're saying "but you have so many!" This is true. I have lots of kids and I love them dearly. I have just become such a fogey that I tire easily of childish behavior. Maybe it's because I've been at this childrearing for 20 years now and I'm only halfway done. I think I would have made a good single uncle or maybe a monk...

5) I want to be a farmer (of sorts). Many of you know that I would like to be an Alabama land baron with 1000 acres of timber. Some of you also know that I have entertained the idea of shrimp farming. I really think it's more than just a passing whim.

6) I don't do well in public situations where I'm required to socialize randomly. I have a very poor ability to remember names of virtually anyone. I may have known you for years and years, but when I see you, I will inevitably forget your name. Please feel free to re-introduce yourself if I haven't called you by name in the first few minutes of our conversation.

Guess I'm supposed to tag a few people now.

I tag John, Amy, Emily, Jeremy, Kathy, and Kelby.

Don't be offended if I didn't tag you. I've probably just forgotten what your name is.

4 Comments:

Blogger fatchans said...

Tagged? I'm still under a rock about this. Am I supposed to do something?

BTW, my name is John. You stayed in my Mom's house a few years ago, remember?

May 04, 2006 10:57 AM  
Blogger Slicer said...

I remember it well and with great fondness for your family and thankfulness for your hospitality.

From what I gathered from Melina's blog, once tagged, you have to tell six things about yourself that people don't know.

May 05, 2006 1:36 AM  
Blogger September said...

lol... we've got multiple tags going.

May 05, 2006 3:28 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

OK, so I'm catching up on blogs... and I got tagged! Yikes, now I have to think of things. OK... I'll post sometime today. :)

May 06, 2006 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home