Tuesday, May 23, 2006

News!

It's funny that I posted no news yesterday and then I found out in the afternoon that the bank signed the contract... AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And so begins what will surely be the busiest 4-6 months of my life to date. And that's saying a lot from a guy who has been working an average of 72 billable hours a week since March!

I'm about to learn what sleep depravation really feels like, I think.
Pray for me... that I will be able to manage everything and still be a light. This is an area of my life that has been lacking in recent months. The Lord has been dealing with me about it, though. I really don't want this real estate transaction to consume me. I want to be able to focus on my family and also turning around my detour from the narrow path.

I'm really looking forward to seeing John and his family this weekend! Gotta figure out what I'm grilling!

So many calls to make...
Mortgage company, real estate attorney, real estate agent...
Decisions about contractors...
Wall coverings, appliances, carpet, tile, bathroom fixtures, paint, light fixtures, lawn tractor, driveway layout, possible solar panels installation...
I have to learn about septic systems and well water treatment...
Gotta sell the S2K...

"I'd be pullin' out my hair if I could just get one hand free..." SCC

4 Comments:

Blogger fatchans said...

AUUUUGGHHHHHH!

I feel your angst. And I'm glad you're you and not me. I would surely die.

May 23, 2006 11:54 AM  
Blogger fatchans said...

uhhh. Wait. that comment didn't quite sound right. I meant that I am glad that I am not you. Not that I am glad you're not me. Get it?

Anyway, the more I think about it, the more I want to be like you, Matt. I can't even get my checkbook balanced...

Maybe I should buy your car and your house. Got any proteins that need to be purified? I'll hang a shingle that says: "will purify for food"

May 23, 2006 1:48 PM  
Blogger Slicer said...

Funny how John commented on my last post about buying my house and moving to Delaware. I have thought of that many times over the years.
John, your family is precious to me. I'd love to have you live closer. Tell me what I can do to help make this a reality.

May 29, 2006 7:46 AM  
Blogger fatchans said...

I didn't see your comment until today, Matt. I was seriously thinking of relocating - with the ever increasing cost of living in this area... But I just have a niggly feeling that I'm supposed to be here for now. I just don't know why.

June 01, 2006 8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home