Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Please Pray For Me

I've been pretty busy lately. Seems like I'm running around in circles, though.
Please pray for me. I'm feeling a lot of pressure in the financial area. Also needing to make some decisions about moving or staying where we are.

I'm afraid I've gotten myself in over my head with the house we have now. I love the extra room and the land (16 acres), but we are 20 miles away from the school we are sending the kids to which means my teenage daughter will be driving herself and three brothers daily. Plus we have all the sports practices and other events to attend.

I drive 30 miles one way to work as well, which is taking a toll. It takes anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour each way. This all adds up over time. Way too much time away from family.

Not to mention the fuel costs... but it is a lot. We're probably driving close to 1000 miles a week (in three different vehicles). Then there is the added cost of maintenance on older cars. Gas has gone up almost $1.50 per gallon since we moved.

I've been looking into moving back North. Closer to work and school. I really don't want to move again so soon. Houses in the area where we lived are smaller. Lot sizes are small. No room for the kids to run wild and enjoy nature like we have here.

The other option will be to refinance the mortgage and take the kids out of Christian school. I'm not too impressed with the local public schools. Not that my kids couldn't adjust and probably thrive... It's just that I really like the extra spiritual stuff that they are getting in a Christian school.

And then there are the costs of college for my second daughter.

Just...
Pray for me, please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home